Dr. Benjamin Mentezhev graduated in medicine from the Medical University of Sofia in 1996, and in 2007 he acquired a specialty in psychiatry.
Dr. Mentezev has completed the following specialized courses:
- Special situations in childhood
- Abused child
- Autism - clinical diagnosis and classification, scientific aspects and therapeutic principles
- Injury in childhood
- Children victims of violence and support for their families
- Schizophrenia Interdisciplinary Training Module
- Diagnosis and treatment of childhood hyperkinetic disorder
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy - basic skills in working with children
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy in children with dyslexia
- Therapeutic behavior in working with children - a scheme focused approach
- Behavioral approaches in children with ADHD
- Wechsler Intelligence Test Course for 6 to 16 Children (HAWIK-R 1983) Bulgarian Standardization
From the beginning of her career in 1996 to 2004, Dr. Mentev worked at the Children and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinic at the Alexandrovska Hospital in Sofia.
From 2005 to 2013, Dr. Benjamin Mentezhev led the Child-Adolescent Psychiatric Office at the Center for Mental Health, Prof. Nikola Shipkovenski ”- Sofia.
Since September 2013 has been working as a psychiatrist at 1 DCC - Sofia.
Dr. Benjamin Menthev's professional interests are in the field of child psychiatry, emergency medicine and mountain medicine.
He is a member of the Bulgarian Association for Child Psychiatry and related professions and is one of the founders of the Bulgarian Society of Mountain Medicine.
- counseling in the field of child psychiatry